Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date format shows on formula bar, 5 digit numbers show in row

select a cell
click in the formula bar
touch ENTER
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200709

"CaroleO" wrote:

Excel 2003, SP1

I am copying the date column from one worksheet to another within a
workbook. If I paste or paste special values, the new date row shows a 5
digit number(36069), but the date in the formula bar shows MM/DD/YYYY
(12/18/2006) which is the date format I am copying. I have formatted the
receiving column to date before and after the paste - no change. The Tools,
Options, Calculation, Date System is unchecked in both sheets.

TIA,
CaroleO