Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default excluding #DIV/0! in further calculations

When I see #DIV/0! errors in my spreadsheets, I trap those errors, to avoid
problems such as yours.

Assume I have the formula =A1/A2 and A2 can equal 0. I would trap the
#DIV/0! error by modifying the formula: =IF(ISERROR(A1/A2),"",A1/A2). Then
any formula which refers to this cell will not return #REF errors, because
the cell wouldn't contain the #DIV/0! error. What happens, then, is your
spreadsheets are much cleaner and more reliable.

Dave

"tom ossieur" wrote:

Hi,

I am doing some calculations in several steps. In some steps the result of
some cells is #DIV/0!

as a result the final result (STDEV) gives #REF!

how to exclude the cells that contain #DIV/0! so I get the result in the
last step, based on the cells that had a intermediate result? (without
adapting ALL intermdiate steps with IF etc)

so i am looking for a simple trick in the last step

Thanks!

tom