Ken Wright

Never say Never, you might be surprised ;-)

--
Regards
Ken.......................

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Hey Aladin,

If Ken was Bill Gates and I was Steve Ballmer, believe me ... You'd have
your wish!

But since we're not ... Dream On.<g

RD

-

-
"Aladin Akyurek" wrote in message
If MS ever implements the additional optional argement for lookup
functions I argued for since eons...

=VLOOKUP(LookupValue,TableX,ColIdx,0,VLOOKUP(Looku pValue,TableY,ColIdx,0,Ret
urnValue)

where ReturnValue is optional, which if omitted defaults to #N/A.

Looks nice, no?

Ken Wright wrote:
LOL - Who needs the second trap? #NA is just as good an indicator as
anything I could chuck in, and assuming the OP had used that last

argument
of 0 in each of his VLOOKUPs then the formula will return an error if

the
value doesn't exist in the second table either.