Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default IF formula in spreadsheet

Dennis, If I understand you right, try this

=IF(OR(A1="",A2=""),"",IF(OR(A1<=0,A2<=0),"",A1+A2 ))

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Dennis1188" wrote in message
PERFECT!!!
Now let's try one other thing... I would like it to do the same thing if

we
put in the number 0

"Paul B" wrote:

Dennis, this should do it, =IF(OR(ISBLANK(A1),ISBLANK(A2)),"",A1+A2)

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Dennis1188" wrote in message
C1 is the sum of A1 and A2
How can I get C1 to remain empty unless there is a number in BOTH

cells.