Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Show a row shaded when a cell contains certain data

Select all the columns you want formatted (select them all if you really meant
the entire row)

Notice that there's one white cell in that selection. That's the activecell.

Then follow those same instructions
format|conditional formatting
formula is
=$k1="T2"

and give it the format you want.

I'm not sure this helps. But you may want to explain what you don't understand
and what you did if it doesn't work.

Gadgetman wrote:

Sorry Dave but you lost me. I tried it but it doesn't seem to work perhaps
if you could put it into idiots talk I may understand it a bit better.
Thanks
Steve

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Select the range that should be affected (A:Z???)
Then with the activecell in row #1
Format|conditional formatting
Formula is:
=$k1="T2"
and give it a nice format

Gadgetman wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which if column K has the data 'T2' in it I want the
whole row to be shaded red. Can anyone explain how to do this?
Thanks
Steve

--

Dave Peterson