Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default VIEWING adjacent/nonadjacent cells or cell ranges in Excel 2007

The cells are in fact highlighted, but the contrast between selected and
unselected cells is not high. I don't know how to change it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Strabo" wrote in message
In EXCEL you can select nonadjacent cells as follows: Select the first
cell
or range of cells, and then hold down CTRL while you select the other
cells
or ranges. I have the same problem with adjacent cells.

I do this all the time to get a quick sum or get an average or just to
count
a few items.

My problem is that since I installed Office 2007 I have not been able to
"see" the cells. The are not differentiated by shading/highlighting as in
the
past.

My question is how can I see these cells? I could change the format of
these
cells but that is too permanent. I just need them highlighted. Is there
some
property in EXCEL or in the general windows display that I have somehow
turned off? How can I turn it back on?

Thank you.