Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Strabo Strabo is offline

Default VIEWING adjacent/nonadjacent cells or cell ranges in Excel 2007

In EXCEL you can select nonadjacent cells as follows: Select the first cell
or range of cells, and then hold down CTRL while you select the other cells
or ranges. I have the same problem with adjacent cells.

I do this all the time to get a quick sum or get an average or just to count
a few items.

My problem is that since I installed Office 2007 I have not been able to
"see" the cells. The are not differentiated by shading/highlighting as in the
past.

My question is how can I see these cells? I could change the format of these
cells but that is too permanent. I just need them highlighted. Is there some
property in EXCEL or in the general windows display that I have somehow
turned off? How can I turn it back on?

Thank you.