Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default Formula won't calculate

There are two reasons why this may be happening. First, the cell was
formatted as TEXT. Thus, anything entered into it will be displayed
literally, whether a formula or not. To resolve this, format the cell to
GENERAL. Then renter the formula (you can just hit F2 then ENTER)

If that doesn't work, check to see if Display Formulas is turned on. From
the TOOLS Menu, select OPTIONS. Then, on the VIEW Tab, uncheck the box
labeled "Formulas".

HTH,
Elkar

"Be18" wrote:

I currently have the following formula

=IF(D12="SWR","Liz b",IF(D12="TCH","lex G",IF(D12="POS","Mav
H",IF(D12="INT","Rich H", IF(D12="FOU","Ton T",)))))

but when i click out of the box, it does not work out the value, the text
just remains - please can you tell me what is wrong with my formula and how
i can get it to calculate?

Thank you