Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default Counting unique items...please help

Forgot to say, use Ctrl+Shift+Enter on these formulas

Howard

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Lisa,

Column Q... blank or not blank???

<I would like to create a formula that would add up a range of cells in
column
<B only if there is a value entered in Column Q.

=SUM(--NOT(ISBLANK(Q1:Q7))*B1:B7)

<What I would like to do is add the sum of the values
<in column B only if there is a blank cell in column Q.

=SUM(--ISBLANK(Q1:Q7))*B1:B7

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Lisa" wrote in message
I would like to create a formula that would add up a range of cells in
column
B only if there is a value entered in Column Q. I've tried a couple of
things to no avail. Any suggestions???