Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary Gary is offline

Default VLOOKUP not working???

Hey Niek,

Whats the syntax for clean or trim? is it =CLEAN(A1) OR =TRIM(A1)? if yes,
its not working.

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Hi Gary,

There may be invisible characters or spaces in your search argument. Use
the CLEAN() and/or the TRIM() function and if that
doesn't help, use David McRitchies TrimAll function:

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Gary" wrote in message
| There are no formulas....they are simply names and i need to lookup the
| process they are working for. thats it......and its not that A1 is not
| there..it is there. even if i drag it down...it shows NA in all the
cells...

| and theres one new thing i just discovered. I am trying to lookup
A1...the