Phil Hageman

JE,
One problem resolved - code in the wrong place. I copied your 'Calculate'
macro into Sheet 1 (Dashboard) and received the following error message when
I made a change that gave a new value in Y3:
Run-time error 1004: Method 'ChartObjects' of object '_Worksheet' failed.
All three lines of the code are highlighted yellow.
Phil

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Are you putting it in the same place - i.e., the worksheet code module?

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/modules.html

If you set a breakpoint in the code, does the code fire?

If Y3 is calculated, you should probably use the _Calculate() event
instead:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Me.ChartObjects("Chart12").Chart.Axes( _
xlValue, xlPrimary).MaximumScale = _
Application.Ceiling(Me.Range("Y3").Value, 0.05)
End Sub

In article ,
Phil Hageman wrote:

JE,

Entered the non-chart-activation code (your second recommendation) and get
no response when the value in cell Y3 changes. I also get no error messages.
In way of further information, the Value in Y3 is created by the formula:
=(V10*W10)+(V11*Y11)+(V12*AA12). These cell values are brought forward by
links to worksheets in other workbooks.

What further information could I not be telling you?

When I was trying to work out Jon's code, I received my error messages any
time a change occured anywhere on the worksheet - which is not the case now.

What do you recommend?