Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Excel 2002 : Is there any speed fill formula ?

If you took the row number of the item in column A you use the formula

In cell A5
=Row(A5)

You know use this as an index into column B

Because you are taking multiple of 3 i row A the formula starts by dividing
by 3. You have to make an adjustment because the data sttarts in row 2.

=Rounddown((Row(A4) - 2)/3)

Your offset into column c would be

=OFFSET($C$2,ROUNDDOWN((ROW(A4)-2)/3,0),0,1,1)

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Dear Sir,

Lets consider the following worksheet:

A B C D
1 512 xxxx 512 1
2 512 xxxx 613 2
3 512 xxxx 816 3
4 613 xxxx 925 1
5 613 xxxx 216 2
6 613 xxxx 327 3
7 816 xxxx 428 1
8 816 xxxx 629 2
9 816 xxxx 520 3
10 925 xxxx 821 1
11 925 xxxx 922 2
12 925 xxxx 623 3

2500

I need to fill up column A with similar references obtained from Column C
for 3 times each.

Column D had a running number that repeat itself after a count of 3,

Is there any formula I can input at A1 and copy down to A2500 to get the
straight answer ?

Thanks

Low

--