Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default array match

Try in D5, array-entered (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(MATCH(INDEX(permit,,1 ),section,0)),0)),"",INDEX(permit,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUM BER(MATCH(INDEX(permit,,1),section,0)),0),2))
--
Max
Singapore
"Mike S" wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply Max, but that's not quite what I need. I'm
looking for a single formula to put in cell d5 that will return the 2nd
column value in "permit" if one of the values in the first column of "permit"
is entered in "section". For now, let's assume only one of the values in the
first column of "permit" will be entered in "section".

I guess it's going to take, maybe, a combo array formula using index/match...