Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] sreeram.i.c@gmail.com is offline

Default Need Help

On Feb 26, 10:36 pm, JE McGimpsey wrote:
Deleting the rows would require a macro. You may want to return a null
string if the LI cell isn't populated, e.g.:

=IF(LI!A1<"",LI!A1,"")

In article .com,

wrote:
HI

I am working on a excel sheet that works as per below pattern.

I have two sheets namely LI and Looks_Like.

I have 10 cells in Looks_llike sheet that are referenced to 10 cells
from LI sheet. Which means on Populating the cell A1 in LI sheet
populates A1 in Looks_like sheet.

now my question is, Now if i have only 5 cells populated in LI sheet
and the other 5 are empty, how do i delete the rows in which the
blank cells of LI sheet are present that are referenced to these empty
cells in Look_Like sheet.- Hide quoted text -

The idea here is to have a tree like
structure, and it looks something like this..

Name of Book

Shelf number

Section 1
first row
second row
third row
fourth row
0
0
0
0
0
0

Section 2
seventh row
third row
tenth row
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
Section 3
0
0
0
0

The code that was provided by you deleted the rows that had Values
Name of Book, Shelf No, Section 1.
I want the code to delete only the 0's i.e blank cells in LI sheet to
which these cells in Looks_Like are referenced. And since under
section 3 there is no entry in LI sheet, in this case the code should
automatically delete section3 heading from Looks_Like sheet.

Is this Possible.

Regards