Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Custom formating of cells

Dale

Custom $#,#00, will show 23,000,000 as $23,000

Note: the value is still 23,000,000

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:36:13 -0800, Dale wrote:

I have a number in a cell that is in whole numbers that I needs to be
reported in $,000. In the Format cells menu on the nubers tab there are
several (###.00) type cells. I am importing a lot of data that is in million
of dollar and I want to convert to be reported in thousands. Is there a
formula/conversion I can use in the custom section on the tab to accomplish
this task?

Thanks

Dale