Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
awrex awrex is offline

Default Drop down list not showing all the data....

Thanks Doc.. sorry for the lack of info.

Actually it took me a while to do some troubleshooting on this one to begin
with and your first suggestions was what I thought it might be, but it
wasn't, the other ones I hadn't even known of before but they weren't them
either.

I have a workbook, that was inheirited and the drop down list was created
using data validation and entering your own list as the criteria. Data
Validation...

Seeing as the list inheirited, I may just have to rebuild one myself. Though
I would like any input you may have about this issue.

THANK YOU!!

"DocBrown" wrote:

Hmm, the description is a little spotty, but here's some suggestion.

In the 'Name Box' at the upper left, click the arrow. If you see the list
name, then click it. The cells that make up the list should have a box around
the cells. If the data you want in the list is not contained within the box,
it's not part of the list.

There's a couple ways to include the added data:
- Delete the list - Insert - Name - Define. then click the list name and
delete.
- Then recreate it: select the cells you want in the list and click in the
name box and retype the name.

Edit the list definition:
- Display the list definition: Insert - Name - Define. Then click the name
and edit the data in the 'Refers to: field to include the cells you want in
the list.

Change the list 'on the fly':
- Click on a cell in the current defined list that is NOT the first (top)
one. Right Click and select 'Insert...' Select 'Shift Cells down'. Type your
new data in the inserted cell. if you want your new data to be at the bottom,
then COPY the contents of the last cell and paste it into the inserted cell.
Then overwrite the contents of the last cell.

John S.

"awrex" wrote:

I have to columns with drop down lists....

Both of them are only showing 4 rows of data..... I have less than 8 rows fo
each DD...

Your help is appreciated!!!!