Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Need to write function that will change column width based on a condition

Functions, even user defined functions, can only return values to their
calling cells. They can't change cell or worksheet formatting.

You may be able to do what you want with an event macro, but how to
implement it would depend on the condition you want to use.

In article . com,
"dunlapww" wrote:

Subject says it all, is this a VBA thing or some function I have yet
to discover in the function list. I have no idea how to write this in
VBA. If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Will