Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Antonio Antonio is offline

Default I am trying to abbreviate text in my description column.

I appreciate the help. Is there a way to the take the first couple letters
in each work of the description?
Example: Description Holly-Blue Maid BB 5'
ID# holblmabb5

"David Biddulph" wrote:

If you want to abbreviate it to the first 10 characters, for example, use
=LEFT(A1,10)
--
David Biddulph

"Antonio" wrote in message
I have created a service and product list for a our company. I am trying
abbreviate the description of the service or product in order to fit it in
our service or product ID Number column. Does anyone have a formula to
preform such tasks. I have of 3000 different items that I need to
abbreviate.