Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858 gls858 is offline

Default 16 digit numbering

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Thank you. I was thinking that I'd be hesitant to hand over my credit card
number to an organization that just kept my number in Excel with no security
measures.

The sad thing is you might never know. Sadder still is that people
storing them don't know they're doing anything wrong. If they ever
get hacked they're in for a rough time. The CC will go after them for
every penny. My advice to anybody that's thinking of storing credit card
info is to talk to your bank. They can set up a merchant account and
provide software to transmit your transactions and store the info
in a secure manner.

gls858