Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] manikantanra@gmail.com is offline

Default Strip Values From Cells To Create New Cell Value

Hello everyone. I am a beginner and need some help from the forum!
here is the problem I have:
My excel sheet has multiple fields with data in it.Ex:

Type Use
____ ___
Rock Build house
Sand Play on it
Gravel Drive on it

I want to take the first letter of the Type value (R from Rock) and
Concatenate it with the first letter of Use column (Build from Build
House) and concatenate it with an user input which is constant for all
rows. I need this value RBuildxxx on the same row as Rock. I would
also like to know how to select the data range (for the # of rows I
need) and how to select the target row. thanks a lot for the help!