Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carl Carl is offline

Default Find A Match Formula

thank You Pete. I tried this but did not work out. Perhaps because my data
table has dups or is not sorted correctly.

I think I need some sort of match/index type formula ?

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try this in B2 of Sheet2:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A$2:B$8,2,0)),"No match",
VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A$2:B$8,2,0))

All one formula - I've split it to avoid awkward line-breaks. Copy
down into B3:B5.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 27, 7:30 pm, carl wrote:
Here's my data table - Starts in A1 (Sheet1)

Type Code
9P170.00 RI
9P170.00 RI
9P160.00 RI
9P160.00 RI
9P150.00 SI
9P150.00 SI
9P140.00 RI
9P140.00 RI

I am trying to create this table - Starts in A1 (Sheet2)

Type Code
9P170.00 RI
9P160.00 RI
9P150.00 SI
9P140.00 RI

So. I am trying to find a formula for B2:B5 that will look at A2:A5 (Sheet2)
find the match in A2:A8 (Sheet 1) and if a match is found, return value in
B2:B8 (Sheet1). If no match is found, return "No Match".

Thank you in advance.