Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mg_sv_r mg_sv_r is offline

Default Insert new rows based on Data in other rows

Hi

I have a bit of a nightmare task on to carry out on large worksheets that I
am hoping can be automated in some way because manually this will take far
too long

The worksheets basically look like this...

-------A------- -------B------- ------C------- -------D-------
1 ---61236----- ---61239----- - a text val -- - a text val --
2 ---61531----- ---61531----- - B text val -- - B text val --

The number in column A and the number in column B represent a range for
which the values in the other columns apply. (So if a given number is between
A and B then C and D are true).

What I need to do is change this sheet so that instead of giving the number
range in columns A and B, it gives each number individually. (Instead of A
saying 61236 and B saying 61245 I need A to list 61236, 61237, 61238 etc with
all other values applicable copied down the sheet.) The example abopve would
end up looking something like this..

1 ---61236----- - a text val -- - a text val --
2 ---61237----- - a text val -- - a text val --
3 ---61238----- - a text val -- - a text val --
4 ---61239----- - a text val -- - a text val --
5 ---61531----- - B text val -- - B text val --

Is this possible or would it require some advanced programming or similar?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
John