Nev.

Thanks Jon.

I was analysing children's sport and one of my graphs came
up with a negative trendline for children's results for the season.
So now I guess I have to relearn to do my graphs all over
again with scatterplots. Sigh. I just thought I had proved
everybody else wrong.

I wasn't using formulas, just data tabulated from children's results.

Nev.

"Jon Peltier" wrote...

A scatter chart uses real data values for the X coordinate. The error
depends on how different the real data is from a simple set of counting
numbers.

When the formula is showing, you should double click on it,
select the Number tab, and choose a Scientific format with
lots of digits showing.