Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OdAwG OdAwG is offline

Default Help with Table Automation

Hello All,

My question is, how can I do this automatically with a macro or with a high
speed low drag formula. I took this over from someone who was doing it
manually on paper and I converted it into a spreadsheet. It's only been
three months into the new year and I find this very tedious and I now know
why that person no longer wanted to do this.

Given the following names listed below with the number of entries, I need to
figure out how many table columns needs to be created and put each name in
each table column only once by their corresponding entries. In the example
below, we have a total of 36 entries (adding up all the entries). To get
the total numbers of tables to create, I divided 36 by 8 (8 names per table)
and that gives me a total of 5 table columns to create.

Oscar Delahoya 5
Quincy Jones 5
Xiasha Jones 5
Adam Doe 4
chucky cheese 4
David Crocket 4
Frank Valins 4
Robert Ronins 4
Kent Clark 1
------------------
36/8 = 4.5 or 5 tables

Table1 Table2 Table3 Table4 Table5
Oscar Oscar Oscar Oscar Oscar
Quincy Quincy Quincy Quincy Quincy
Xiasha Xiasha Xiasha Xiasha Xiasha
Adam Adam Adam Adam Kent
Chucky Chucky Chucky Chucky
David David David David
Frank Frank Frank Frank
Robert Robert Robert Robert

Any and all help in this matter is GREATLY APPRECIATED :)

Argus