Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Speedy Speedy is offline

Default Search for text within text

Dear Gary, Thanks for your reply.

A little presetion, the non in the query is not referring to non recurring
in the text. I am trying to identify what are non 2006 item primarily.

Ibrahim suggestion appears closer to what I need?

It would also be nice to be able to do this on multiple criterias as the
data is the files (some 5000 entries) is very inconsistent in style and
format, eg dates in mm/dd/yy or dd/mm/yy etc.

Thanks for your input.

Speedy.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use AutoFilter:
Contains non

This will display rows containing both Non and non
This combined with Udo's suggestion will give you the desired result.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200708

"Speedy" wrote:

Hi, I have the following problem with data that looks like the below:

A1. "Non Rec 2004"
A2. "Non Recurring 2005"
A3. "Non Rec 1 12 2006"
A4. "non Rec 2006"
A5. "Non Recurring 2006"
A6. "Recurring 2005"

What I am trying to do is to identify in this list what are the non 2006
items with text data that is not consistently formated. The aim is to obtain
a list of the items which are related to 2006, 2005, 2004 etc. also.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Speedy