GregR

Wazooli, do you close and reopen Excel after you make the changes and what
do you mean by clicling the appropriate button. If it is sheets you are
adding to a woorkbook you need to save the changes to sheet.xlt, so that any
sheets you add will have the formatting you want.

Greg
"Wazooli" wrote in message
I have been reading several posts concerning modifying the default

template,
but I have as yet not gotten this to work. I have saved "book.xlt" to

both
XLStart folders, and still, when I click the appropriate button, my
modifications are not present. I have become weary of constanly making

the
same changes to formatting, etc..., and would like to have the equivalent

of
Word's "normal.dot" . Any help is appreciated.