Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default X-Axis Scale

If you follow my suggestion and make a line chart, use the same data layout
(blank rows in the same place) for the bar chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
s.com...
I managed to resolve this problem by creating an XY scatter and using
a dummy x and y. Now my chart has 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10(Y) next to
each other then a big gap to 20Y then another gap to 30Y. I would now
like to add a bar chart to the graph by adding another series. I have
added the bar chart but it does not line up with the points on the X-
Axis. i.e. it lines up for 1-10Y but then it does not include the gap
between 10 and 20 and 20 and 30, it just add the charts next to 10.
Is it possible to align the bar chart so it uses the same points on
the x-axis as the XY Scatter?