Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Breitenbach Dave Breitenbach is offline

Default using named ranges for formula abbreviations

The intent was to avoid character limitations in a particular cell. But I'd
rather not use VB.

thanks anyway.

Dave

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It ain't gonna happen. You could create a UDF called SP that invokes
SUMPRODUCT, but why would you bother.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Dave Breitenbach" wrote in
message ...
I would like to use named ranegs, if possible, to replace the function
SUMPRODUCT with the abbreviated nam "SP." I created the named range SP
and
called it sumproduct, but I have not been able to make it work.

this function
gives me as a result
sumproduct(--($H$4:$H$21=J5),--($F$4:)$F$21))
but does niot give me the result of that formula.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave