KG

Default Am I trying to do something that Excel cannot handle?

Here is the challenge:

1) On row 3 there are headings: 1st qrt, 2nd qrt, 3rd qrt, 4th qrt, 1st
qrt, 2nd qrt., etc. representing subdivisions of calendar years.

2) On row 4, under each quarter heading, there is a sales forecast. The
basic assumption is that what is forecast for the quarter must be on hand at
the beginning of that quarter.

3) In cell A2: the user enters a leadtime in weeks for obtaining the product.

4) Based on the leadtime entered in cell A2, I want to auto-populate row 5,
showing when the product should be ordered. So, if I need 500k pounds at the
beginning of qrt 4 and the leadtime is is 16 weeks (1.33 quarters), 500K
pounds are entered under qrt 2.

5) whatever macro or VBA could make this happen, would need to handle 8 data
sets (got the 8 different products in the forecast) each with its own leadtime

Am I wasting my time?