Myrna Larson

Try the Google newsgroup search. Look for VLOOKUP MULTIPLE RESULTS in
microsoft.public.excel.* groups. You may find a solution there.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:51:01 -0800, "John Simons"
wrote:

I have a need to extract data from a data table that has multiple matching
first column entries. I need to be able to separate the results based on the
differing offset columns. If I use straight VLOOKUP, all I get is the first
entry in the data table. Here is a sample of what I need:

PM Date1 Date2 Index
Joe Jan 1 Feb 1 2
Bill Jan 5 Mar 4 1
Sam Feb 2 Mar 3 2
Joe Feb 8 Apr 1 3

I need to extract the unique data for Joe into another section of the
worksheet. How do I ensure that I get both entries for Joe to show up?

TIA

John Simons