Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John John is offline

Default Case sensitive filter

Try this as a start. you need to use a couple of helper columns. Try putting
=CODE(a2) in b2 if your list is in collumn a. When you copy it down it will
put the ACSII code in column b. I was not able to auto sort on this column
directly but if you copy and paste values using paste special in column c you
can auto sort unique values on that new collumn. Column A should show unique
values taking into account upper and lower case letters.

I think there might be a better way but can not come up with it at the moment
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Shudder777" wrote:

I was wonder how to go about the following:

I have a list of characters, and I want to be able to have a list of all of
the unique characters. The built in advanced filter function is not case
sensitive. Is there anyway to make it case sensitive, or is there another way
to do this?

Any help is much appreciated.