Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Case sensitive filter

Let's say we want to filter column A by any criteria AND only upper case. In
the second row of a helper column enter:

=EXACT(A2,UPPER(A2))

and copy down. Of course, you should put a label in the first cell of the
helper column. This formula returns TRUE only if A1 is upper case. Switch
on autofilter and, using the helper column, you can filter to show either the
uppers or the lowers.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200708

"Shudder777" wrote:

I was wonder how to go about the following:

I have a list of characters, and I want to be able to have a list of all of
the unique characters. The built in advanced filter function is not case
sensitive. Is there anyway to make it case sensitive, or is there another way
to do this?

Any help is much appreciated.