Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sorting problem

Did you select your complete list, all the rows & columns you want
including, before you requested the sort?
--
David Biddulph

"sweetpea" wrote in message
I am sorting a list with 493 rows, and when I sort it by Last Name
ascending
it sorts A-Z but then midway through starts sorting the list over by A-Z
so I
end up with three different groups of sorted dated within the same
worksheet.
No duplicates but very annoying. When I look in the drop down arrow on
the
column header it shows the entire list sorted correctly with all of the
A's
together etc. instead of what the actual sheet shows. Any ideas out there
fix it?