Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sweetpea sweetpea is offline

Default sorting problem

I am sorting a list with 493 rows, and when I sort it by Last Name ascending
it sorts A-Z but then midway through starts sorting the list over by A-Z so I
end up with three different groups of sorted dated within the same worksheet.
No duplicates but very annoying. When I look in the drop down arrow on the
column header it shows the entire list sorted correctly with all of the A's
together etc. instead of what the actual sheet shows. Any ideas out there to
fix it?