Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] Paul.Sutherby@gmail.com is offline

Default Display top 5 items from a list with matching criteria?

On 25 Feb, 20:14, Teethless mama
wrote:
I meant D2:D100 contain Type

" wrote:
I have an excel sheet with several columns of data and would like to
pull a list of the top 10 records with matching criteria.

I have several columns like shown below (simplified for proof of
concept).

Record Number Record Name Record Value Type
1 One 100,000 B
2 Two 50,000 B
3 Three 80,000 A
4 Four 120,000 B
5 Five 100,000 A
etc...

I have a macro that sorts the column by record value, and want to
display the top 10 records of type B. With a vlookup I can pick out
the top item but I can not seem to get anything to then give me the
next matching record...

Is there anything I can do that will list the first matching record in
one cell, then give the next matching record in the next?- Hide quoted text -

That's great for showing the value... how do I need to tweak that
though to get it to show the text values too (ie the record name etc)?

Thanks

Paul