Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SAM SEBAIHI SAM SEBAIHI is offline

Default How can I cal " My Computer" through an Excel macro?

Thank you so much Vergel for your reply, the problem is that I developed a spread sheet to be loaded through a website, however, if this setting is not done, the spreadsheet macro will give you an error and it will not work. I wish there is a way??
Thank you,

Vergel Adriano" wrote in message ...
Why must you do this via Excel? It would be easier if you use a registry
file.

1. Change the settings manually.
2. Open the registry editor (Start-Run-regedit)
3. The registry branch that you'll need to look at is
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8

Follow this link to find out how to make registry changes by using a ..reg
file:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310516

By doing it this way, you make the purpose clear that you are changing
computer settings. If you distribute your .reg file to your users, it also
makes the purpose clear to them and they can decide wether they want to do it
manually or use your .reg file.

"SAM SEBAIHI" wrote:

I would like to call the forllowing windows through an Excel Macro to configure my
browser:

My computer
Tools
Option
File type

..I want to pick xls (through an excel macro)
Advance

..I want to uncheck ALL (through an excel macro)
All the above should be done in an Excel Macro automatically once the macro
is run

Thank you in advance.

Sam Sebaihi
Faculty
Western International University
Associate Programs

(alternate email)
Phone #: (405)315-8223 Time zone: Pacific Time