Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KL KL is offline

Default Another Question

"Kris79" wrote in message ups.com...
How do I figure out which color goes with which numeric digit? The 2
colors i am using are rose and light yellow.

Using the method at which I pointed you:

if [D1] is the cell whose color index you want to know, then in [E1] write =CELLCOLOR

Again, if there is a logical reason for a specific color in a specific cell, then most probably you can use that logic to
a) calculate Conditional Formats (since you are only using 2 colors)
b) add conditions to your formula without trying to do something Excel is not natively able to do.

--
KL
[MVP - Microsoft Excel]