Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default Controlling Gap Width for BAR Chart

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Andy Pope said:

I read your post slightly different to Del, in that you want to specify
the columns width rather than the gap.

No, what I meant was that specifying a variable width only was
insufficient information when deciding to abandon the built-in bar chart
format and adopt an Area Chart with Time-scale range. Your example and
Jon's are both analogous to bar charts with no gap, but a gap might be
wanted; if so, that needs to be specifically allowed for in the design,
unlike bar charts, which take care of it automatically.

If you look at my example, you'll see it's really just the same
technique as yours and Jon's-- unsurprisingly, as I learned it from
Jon's example that you provided the link to. My adding gaps is just
analogous to including bars of zero height between each data bar. The
gaps I made aren't of variable width, they're all 1 unit wide.

--
Del Cotter