Frank Kabel

Hi
I'd use a database application for this :-)

For a more specific answer it would be good if you provide more
details:
- what values to update
- where are they stored
- what is the exact output

But as said: Don't think Excel is the right tool for this.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Liz-In-USA" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
OK, you guys have helped me out of some tight spots in the

past...hope the
trend continues! here's my dilemma:

I have a file that contains 26 sheets. Sheet 1 is a Chart compiled

of info
from Sheets 2-18. There are listings of potential Clients on these

sheets &
the amount of work that my Project Mgrs have done (therefore, each

sheet tab
is labeled with the PM's name). Lots of VLOOKUP formulas hidden in

there!
There's a column that also contains the name of the Partner in charge

of each
Client. This is important..

Sheet 19 is a Chart compiled of info from Sheets 20-26. The info on

Sheets
20-26 is actually the Partner info that I copy/pasted from sheets

2-18 BUT,
now my boss wants the sheets to automatically update whenever the PMs

change
the info on sheets 2-18, namely so I don't have to spend so much time

doing
the copy/paste thing.

So, long story, short version: I need a formula that will extract the

info
for each Partner each time the PMs update the file. If there are 5

sheets
(let's say they've been renamed to: LONG, BROWN, SHORT, HOWARD,

GATES) and I
want to pull info on each of those sheets where my Partner (let's

call him
BOSS1) is listed as the Partner & have it automatically update on my

boss's
sheet, what's the lookup? I've taken a stab at this already, much to

the
dismay of my now-aching head! So I'm leaving it in your hands :)

Thanks in advance!! (Hope I haven't confused you too much..)