Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster pinmaster is offline

Default How to use large function?

Hi,

Try something like this:

Say you have 10 numbers in A1:A10, in B1 type:
=MAX(A1:A10)
in C1:
=MAX(IF(A1:A10<B1,A1:A10)) entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter
in D1:
=MAX(IF(A1:A10<C1,A1:A10)) again enter using Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Hope this helps!
Jean-Guy

"Eric" wrote:

I get a list of numbers as show below
58,58,58,39,39,52,37,43,55,58,55,52.
I would like to the largest one, which is 58, and the second largest one,
which is 55, and the third largest one, which is 52. But when I use the
function large, which don't work the way I describe, and the first, second,
third largest numbers is still 58 in this lists.
Does anyone have any suggestion on how find the first largest number is 58,
and the second largest number is 55, and the third largest number is 52?
Thank you in advance
Eric