Frank Kabel

Hi
NEVER (Really NEVER) save/open a file directly froma floppy disc. Major
cause for corrupted files (as you probably now have).

Try to download OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org) as this is sometime
able to open such files

And then: NEVER do this again. Always copy the file first to your
harddisc

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Firemedic395" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
I am using excel 2003 which is run from a network server. I save my

files to
the A: drive (3.5 floppy) on my computer. What is happening is this:
I have been opening and updating my spreadsheet file. Had a

successful save
of the updated materail yesrterday (as far as I know). Now today when

I try
to open it from the floppy, it lags, does not open, and i get an

error
messagfe that says it can't access or open it that the file may be

read
access only. Can anyone help here?