Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default How to remove the file link from the formula?

Assuming that the formulas should be linked to the same cell but in the
current workbook and not the external workbook, you can choose the command
Edit, Links, Change Source and specify your current workbook.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jignesh Gandhi" wrote:

Hi

I've a button on an excel file and clicking on it will copy sheets
from another excel file. The sheets are copied but what happens is
that in the copied sheets, in the formulas, it copies the file name
from where the sheets are copied. Is there any way where I can just
copy the sheets and formulas without copying links? Manually it can be
done by Edit - Links and specify the current file name. But I want to
do it programatically.
Following is the code which copies the sheets.

Sub GetFile()
Dim FileName As String
Dim FilePath As String
Dim ControlFile As String
Dim i As Integer
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Loan Information").Select
FilePath = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Loan
Information").range("FilePath").Value
FileName = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Loan
Information").range("FileName").Value
ControlFile = ActiveWorkbook.Name
Workbooks.Open FileName:=FilePath & FileName

For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(Trim(Sheets(i).Name)).Copy
After:=Workbooks(ControlFile).Sheets(Workbooks(Con trolFile).Sheets.Count)
Windows(FileName).Activate
Next
Windows(FileName).Activate
Windows(FileName).Close SaveChanges:=False
ActiveWorkbook.Save
Windows(ControlFile).Activate
End Sub

Thanks & Regards