Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
klymkibo klymkibo is offline

Default SUM formula generating formula instead of result.

Actually, I did a test that proved that the sum cell has to be at the end of
the row, or in this case, at the end of the column. Adding values in one
column in a cell in a column next to the last value (forming an L shape)
doesn't work. Same formula works by inserting a row, and putting it in the
cell below that last value (forming an I shape).

Bo

"Gary Brown" wrote:

After changing the format to number, select the Edit key [F2] then ENTER.
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.

"klymkibo" wrote:

Changing the format to number didn't make any difference.