Phil Hageman

JE,

Entered the non-chart-activation code (your second recommendation) and get
no response when the value in cell Y3 changes. I also get no error messages.
In way of further information, the Value in Y3 is created by the formula:
=(V10*W10)+(V11*Y11)+(V12*AA12). These cell values are brought forward by
links to worksheets in other workbooks.

What further information could I not be telling you?

When I was trying to work out Jon's code, I received my error messages any
time a change occured anywhere on the worksheet - which is not the case now.

What do you recommend?

Thanks, Phil

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

I think "AciveSheet" is highlighted, right?

Try:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart12").Activate
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).MaximumScale = _
Application.Ceiling(ActiveSheet.Range("Y3").Value, 0.05)
End Sub

Or just

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart12").Chart.Axes( _
xlValue, xlPrimary).MaximumScale = _
Application.Ceiling(ActiveSheet.Range("Y3").Value, 0.05)
End Sub

Which won't activate your chart...

In article ,
Phil Hageman wrote:

Jon,
I ran the macro recorder as you suggest at your website, and added your
lines too, but get the following: Compile error: Variable not defined. The
Private Sub line is highlighted yellow, and âœActiveSheet❠is blue highlighted
at the beginning of the second line. Can you help me straighten this out?
Appreciate your help.
Phil

Option Explicit

AciveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 12").Active
With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary)
.MaximumScale = ActiveSheet.Range("Y3", 0.05)
End With
End Sub

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Hi Phil -

Use the approach I describe he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

but link to CEIL(Y3,0.05) instead of Y3.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Phil Hageman wrote:

I have a chart on a worksheet and want to make the Y scale maximum value
equal the value of cell Y3 (this is a merged cell range Y3:Y5), rounded
up to
the next âœ5❠increment. For example, 101% in merged cell Y5 would be
105% in
the chart Y scale maximum. How would I do this?