RagDyeR

Do you want an individual formula for each column, or a single formula for
the entire range?

Individual:

=COUNTIF(A:A,3)
=COUNTIF(B:B,11)
=COUNTIF(C:C,54)

OR ... You could enter the number you're looking to count in D1,
And then use this formula to return a count of that number in the entire
range:

=COUNTIF(A:C,D1)
--

HTH,

RD

"Dillenger" wrote in message
Hi ,

Technically it works... BUT

Its giving me a result of 8, because its counting each number, not just each
row. It should be giving me a result of 2...

Thanks for the help though, it will probably help me figure it out.

"Domenic" wrote:

Try the following...

=SUM(COUNTIF(A1:C3,{3,11,54}))

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Dillenger wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate the occurance of multiple

numbers
in multiple cell range. For example:

A1 B1 C1
3 11 54
2 5 45
3 11 54

I would like to calculate how many times 3, 11 and 54 came up... In this
case 2.