Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default Macro to Save without the Save Message

Save the workbook first by calling the Save or SaveAs method. Then you can
immediately close it and you won't get the prompt.

"Ellen G" wrote:

I am writing a macro that will ultimately close the workbook. However, I want
to save changes but I do not want the user prompted with the Do You Want To
Save Changes message. I simply want the workbook to save and close. I know
about DisplayAlerts -- but it appears that setting this to false stops the
Save message but does not keep the changes. Can anybody help?

Thanks so much.
Ellen