Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RD Wirr RD Wirr is offline

Default PivotTable Calculations

Hi Herbert,
Great idea of using 1 or 0 multiply to filter values. I am having trouble
with the implementation though. 1. Where do I put this formula? 2. If I move
the Item data field to Column Drop Area my 1000's of Items don't fit on the
sheet. Am I following you correctly here?

I tried to make a calculated field with this idea but PivotTables don't seem
to allow that. Anything I can do to implement this within the PivotTable
would be better. The pivotTable runs so much faster than discrete cell
functions...

Thanks again,
RDW

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Multiply the Qty by 1 or 0, depending on wether it
falls inside or outside the date range.
=Qty*IF(AND(Date=Begin,Date<=End),1,0)
In Layout, remove the page entry and
move Item into COLUMN.
Update DATA to point to the new quantity.