Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default Sort

One other option is if you can add another column which is the concatenation
of all columns you want to sort.

=A1&B1&C1&D1

You then sort just on that column that you added.

" wrote:

On Feb 23, 4:45 pm, wrote:
I have the following table:
2 A 2 A
1 A 2 A
1 B 2 B
1 A 1 A
2 A 1 B
1 B 1 A
2 A 2 B
1 A 2 B
2 A 2 B
2 B 1 B
2 B 1 A
2 B 2 A
2 A 1 A
1 A 1 B
1 B 2 A
1 B 1 B

After I sort on column A, B and C I get:
1 A 1 A
1 A 1 B
1 A 2 A
1 A 2 B
1 B 1 A
1 B 1 B
1 B 2 B
1 B 2 A
2 A 1 B
2 A 1 A
2 A 2 A
2 A 2 B
2 A 2 B
2 B 1 B
2 B 1 A
2 B 2 A

I want to include column D into the sort. Right now the sort is wrong
on row 7 and after that few more rows. How to sort so that column D is
sorted and column A, B and C also remain sorted? Thanks.

Okay nevermind, First I have to sort on D and minor ones. Then I have
to apply the major sort as the last sort, working my way out backwards.