Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dr Dan[_2_] Dr Dan[_2_] is offline

Default What is the code for the active worksheet?

Hi,

I have recorded a macro to plot a chart of the data on a worksheet. I have a
single book with about 100 worksheets each containing two columns of data
that I would like to plot out.

I plan to do it one at a time unless someone can show me the code needed to
automate the process.

My problem is that the macro contains a link to the first sheet (where I
recorded the macro) and so even if I go to a different worksheet and then run
the macro it plots the chart of the first sheet again, and places it on the
first sheet.

In the code below, how do I change the sheet name "20305A.TXT" in both the
source data and location lines to something like 'this worksheet' or
'currently active sheet':

Sub Macro4()
'
' Macro4 Macro
' Macro recorded 23/02/2007 by Dan
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+f
'
Columns("A:B").Select
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterSmoothNoMarkers
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("20305A.TXT").Range("A1:B501"), _
PlotBy:=xlColumns
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="20305A.TXT"
With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory)
.HasMajorGridlines = False
.HasMinorGridlines = False
End With