Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Philip J Smith Philip J Smith is offline

Default Why doesn't the INDIRECT function work when nested in FREQUENCY?

When I use {=FREQUENCY(INDIRECT($A$1),Bin_Range)} I get a column of #REF!.

A1 can contain one of two valid range names.
The frequency function works when either of the two are entered directly or
even when an IF function replaces the INDIRECT function e.g.
{=FREQUENCY(IF($B$1=1,Range1,Range2),Bin_Range)}

In all cases the formulae are entered as array functions.

Does anyone know why it doesn't work?

Regards

Phil